At some point, car battery starts to die. Last minute wait can abandon you on a remote road. To avoid this situation just keep ears and eyes open for warning signs.
Telltale signs of dying car battery
Slow engine crank
- Battery alone gets the car started with full power.
- If battery is failing then the engine cranks slowly.
- If engine is not cranking, the car makes rapid clicking sound, revealing the power is low.
- The battery needs testing at once or if necessary replaced with one of the best car batteries available in the market.
- Lights are not bright, which means it is not getting sufficient power.
- This is not because of braking but low battery, so get it checked out, before it is late.
- Battery is a box full of chemical reactions, which can go off beam sometimes.
- When car battery gets exposed to extreme cold or heat, its flat sides bulge and gets discharged.
- This results in electrically dead battery, which cannot be repaired but needs to be replaced.
- When spark is irregular buck is caused, which makes car backfire due to buildup of fuel in the cylinders.
- Before deciding to replace the battery check the black box and carburetor.
Starting issues after sitting overnight
- Your car won’t start after sitting overnight.
- Overhead light is left on by mistake, which has drained the battery, it happens to everyone.
- Actually, if your battery cannot handle a small light on for one night means it is getting weak.
- Weak battery can be charged but soon it will need replacement, so be prepared.